Imagine, if you will, that your local supermarket manager had a go at you for not being enthusiastic enough about the store's products. Imagine that he said you had let the store down badly, were a disgrace and that committment to the store and it's performance was a two way thing between the shop and the customer.
You'd think that was ridiculous and if it happened you would, more than likely, change shops.
I give you Peter Grant. Newly appointed manager of Norwich City Football Club. Apparently the fans let the club down badly at today's game against Hull. They lacked passion and committment. And for him that was a disgrace. Hmmm. Let me see. Perhaps the fans were reflecting the lack of passion and committment on the pitch and showing frustration at the poor tactics from the management team. I don't get paid upwards of £5,000 a week to attend Carrow Road. Believe it or not, I pay them for my seat. And apparently I'm expected to cheer them along at all times without fail and never tell them how bad they are.
Am kinda looking forward to Tuesday night's game against Leicester - could be a fun exchnage between fans and the manager. I wonder if Mr Grant will have apologised by then. I think the NCFC Chief Exec will have a few emails in his in box on Monday morning.
You'd think that was ridiculous and if it happened you would, more than likely, change shops.
I give you Peter Grant. Newly appointed manager of Norwich City Football Club. Apparently the fans let the club down badly at today's game against Hull. They lacked passion and committment. And for him that was a disgrace. Hmmm. Let me see. Perhaps the fans were reflecting the lack of passion and committment on the pitch and showing frustration at the poor tactics from the management team. I don't get paid upwards of £5,000 a week to attend Carrow Road. Believe it or not, I pay them for my seat. And apparently I'm expected to cheer them along at all times without fail and never tell them how bad they are.
Am kinda looking forward to Tuesday night's game against Leicester - could be a fun exchnage between fans and the manager. I wonder if Mr Grant will have apologised by then. I think the NCFC Chief Exec will have a few emails in his in box on Monday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment